Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Remember me?

It's been a while since you've heard from me via this blog. I set it aside for a while, and have been doing some mental gymnastics recently trying to decide if I should pick it up again. Anyway here I am, and hopefully I have things to share that will have meaning or be of interest to you.

I want to start it off by telling you about a hobby that I have come to enjoy very much, and that is photo scrapbooking - but not in the traditional sense. Years back I did traditional scrapbooking with all the trappings, and it was a lot of work! What I am enjoying so much is pulling my photos all together with journaling using the Project Life app. And I do it all on my iPad. It's fast and it's fun! I order the finished pages right from the app, and they come in the mail a few days later as a 12 x 12 sheet that I just slip into a page protector and add to my album.


After I did a bit of catching up with some special events, I have been tracking our family happenings on a monthly basis and having them printed as soon as the month ends. I close each month with a composite page of random family photos that I have saved from Facebook posts or messages I have received.


 
There are two other special projects that I'm putting together using this amazing app. The first is a photo/story history going back several generations. This one is a very slow process, and I need to get back at it soon. This takes a little longer since I need to organize and scan the photos. 

 
 
The second is a fun little project of putting together photos and stories or quotes from two of our younger grandchildren. Their mother is very good to relay their funny antics, so I am simply putting it all together and printing them as 8 x 8 pages for photo books that will probably be high school graduation gifts.


If you would like a quick way to get some of your photos put together in an album, I would recommend you check out the Project Life app. It is available for your Apple products now, and will be available for Android users around the first of the year. Along with the app you will find inspiration by following the App Scrappers - Project Life group on Facebook. I am glad to answer any questions you might have or help you get started. It's easy! It's fun! And it's so great to get those pictures in albums for your family to enjoy!
 
Blessings,
Gail

Coming up this week: There are two special events here in Beresford that I will be attending. My friend and former business neighbor is having the annual HoliDazzle open house at her business, Blooms 'n Lattes Thirsday, Friday & Saturday. And sweet Erin of the Irish Soap Company is having the Grand Opening of her cute shop on Saturday.  Fun opportunity to support these two local small businesses!





No comments:

Post a Comment