Thursday, October 25, 2012

I guess I have been on a hiatus for several weeks. The snow we received this morning jolted me into a realization of how much time has passed since my last post. This has been a month of tremendous change weatherwise. At the beginning of October this is how the world around us looked...
But the south winds came and did their best to get those beautiful leaves off the trees, and when that didn't quite do it the north winds whipped in and did their part. But it was the freezing temps that finally finished it off, and now their are very few stubborn leaves still hanging on. And this morning Mother Nature delivered the final blow...
Since we can no longer look outside and see the autumn beauty, I'll bring you in and share some of the vignettes I've set up in my home... At the top of a bookcase I've gathered together a birdhouse, fall foilage and a old batter bowl with fruit.


I love these three lidded wooden buckets, and for this season I've stacked them on the floor with some pumpkins...


This shelve that holds two of my favorite things - ironstone pitchers and a stack of books, just need a bit of fall color added to it to set it off...


And then there are my Woof & Poof pumpkins that I got at The Cottage a couple of years ago...


Even my giraffe has his fall tie on...


Giving a seasonal touch to an area can be as simple as adding the appropriate colors as I've done above my kitchen cupboards with napkins folded and hanging over baskets that I use for additional storage...


It doesn't always take a big display to give your home the feel of autumn. Just choose a few spots to add a touch of color or decor along with your 'everyday' decor items. Quick - easy - fun!

NOTE: If you want to receive my blog posts, you need to go to the bottom of this page and enter your e-mail address. I will continue to send an e-mail notifying you that I have posted, but will eventually discontinue doing that. So be sure to sign up and you will receive the post directly in you InBox.

Till next time... Blessings!
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment