Thursday, February 27, 2014

Books, They Aren't Just For Reading...

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you know that I love to read. But there is more to it than that... I love books! There are a couple of reasons why I most often read on my iPad these days, but that doesn't mean I can't be surrounded by books. To me a grouping of books is beautiful, and I find a room without books to be... well, rather boring.

You probably recognize my favorite stack of vintage children's books wrapped up with a bit of twine. Here they are giving a bit of height to a treasured figurine.

 
And again, a couple of books help to vary the height to a grouping of objects, but I was going for a softer look so they are draped with a pretty doily.
 
This time I've used a basket to gather several books along with an ironstone pitcher filled with greenery and a lovely piece of needlework. For this arrangement the colors and sizes of the books used became important.
 
 
This antique painted box holds books that have family connections. It may move around the house, but the contents tend to stay the same... they all seem to belong together.
 
 
One of my ironstone pitchers is much more interesting perched atop a few books.
 
 
What creative ways have you used books in your home? I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Till next time...
Blessings,
Gail


No comments:

Post a Comment