Friday, February 7, 2014

Good-Bye Winter!

That's it! I'm done! Even though I don't HAVE to go out most days, I have had enough of these frigid temperatures. Warm hugs to each of you that head out to your vehicle each morning to go to work or take kids to school.  Wishing that I could, but there is nothing I can do about the weather outside... but I can change what I look at inside.

When I packed away the Christmas décor early last month, I left out a number of items that were more 'winter' than 'Christmas' thinking they would remain until the middle of March. But their day is done... I don't need any reminders of winter as I look around my home. So, the deer and cute little figurines that are making snowmen and ice skating - the three angels, greenery and pine cones - my fun little Woof 'n Poof girls and the chenille snowmen... Bye bye! See you again in November.

And while I was busy clearing shelves and tabletops, it seemed like a good time to re-arrange the living room. Everything that I could lift or push got moved - it had been a while (anybody know how to revive the carpet where furniture legs have left an indent?).
Today as I look around there are definitely some areas that need to be re-worked and added to - what used to sit there? It will be a work in progress for a while as I sit with a cup of coffee and think it through!

At least I don't have to be reminded of winter everywhere I look, but I know it will slap me in the face when I step out the door!

Till next time...
Blessings,








Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment