Friday, December 18, 2015

Santa, Santa Everywhere

Over the years it seems that quite a number of Santa's have gathered at our house. Typically I have grouped them all together on a shelf over my kitchen sink, but this year they are somewhat scattered about.

 
This fella is the only one left there along with a tray I found at World Market this year (sorry for the shadow caused by the cupboard above). And right below hangs a Santa mitten that I found in Omaha at the railway station many years ago. I see he is  missing a few buttons on his beard. I had better do a little repair. I love anything that has buttons on it!
 
 
 
My Santa on the polar bear was a sample that was given out at a showroom when I used to go to Market for The Cottage, and the little egg shaped Santa was one I found at a craft fair along with...

 
 
several of these.  Tall Santa was a gift with purchase at JC Penney's one year, and the cute little fellow with his feet dangling over the edge came tied on a package.
 
 
 Who would ever think of making a wreath out of Santa? He's been with me quite a number of years, ever since I spotted him at Landscape Garden Center.

 
These stacking Santa's have been a favorite of many children throughout the years.
 


And Santa in the Mason jar is new to me this year. For many years he was a part of my mom's Christmas decorations. You can't see the base because I've tucked him in the jar, but it says 1919, which was the year Mom was born, so she thought he was pretty special.
 

 
And finally we come to the Santa mug. He seems to be taking his job very seriously.
 
To me, although he is a mythical character, Santa is a reminder of so many of the good things within us. He is a symbol of the generous, giving spirit that lives in each of us - especially at Christmas!
 
Till next time...
Blessings,
 
Gail
 








No comments:

Post a Comment