Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Something Old & Something New

I pulled the storage tote out from under the bed, took it out and gave it a shake. The red and white 'Tree of Life" quilt was a wedding gift to my mother-in-law and father-in-law in 1941, and even though I've had it for quite some time I'm sad to say that I have never used it before. It is the perfect Christmas quilt!


For so many years I used red very sparingly in my Christmas decorating because the other colors in our home really didn't play nice with red.  You will see as I share our Christmas home over the next few weeks, red plays a dominate roll. And I love it.


And here is my something "new" for this year. I thought this little red Volkswagen with the tree on top was so cute. I ordered it online from society6.com They have quite a few pillow covers at reasonable prices..


Because I enjoy looking at other homes and gleaning ideas from them, I am taking you on a 'walk' through our home this Christmas season. There is no intention of boastfulness or attitude of "look what I did." I simply hope that you will enjoy, and perhaps it will spark an idea or two. It's always fun to share ideas - I would love to 'walk' through your home too!


Happy Christmas decorating!

Until next time...
Blessings,

Gail













No comments:

Post a Comment