Saturday, February 23, 2013

Arm Knitting... What?

Have you ever heard of arm knitting? No, it's nothing like arm wrestling. When I got my hair cut the other day, Sharon told me about it, and then showed me two scarves she had knitted using her arms instead of knitting needles. I know, it sounds bizarre. But that's the charm of it - trying something new and different!.

So I purchased two skeins of a chunky wool yarn to give it a whirl. I will use two strands and chose charcoal and grey marble to give it a tweedy look.

 
I'll let you know how it turns out. I just happen to know someone who wears a lot of black, and so it will go to her - assuming the scarf looks decent when I'm done. If not, I'll just unravel it and make something else.
 
Till next time...
Blessings,
 
Gail
 

No comments:

Post a Comment