Friday, February 22, 2013

Magazine Heaven


By the size of the magazine displays at B&N, I can assume that I am not the only magazine junkie on the planet. I.Love.Magazines! But I have done a really good job of weaning myself off of this addiction the past few years. Actually, my last magazine subscription expires as of this month. I am so proud of myself. But that doesn't mean I'm not drawn in when I see displays like this...
 
Decorating, organizing, do it yourself (although I rarely do) - these are all topics that appeal to me. And you can find things for small spaces like mine and HUGE homes; and then there's that log cabin that I've always wanted. And even though I will probably never tear out a kitchen and re-design it, you never know when that information might come in handy.
Then there are all the different types of craft & hobby magazines. Oh, my! Who knew there were that many options out there. I've done some quilting and a bit of knitting and crochet - maybe it's time to take up a new hobby. Jewelry making is intriguing or there are all sorts of paper crafts that look interesting. Before starting something new, I think I better be sensible and finish the projects that I've already started.
These two magazines called Artful Blogging and Journaling caught my eye. They were done with beautiful photography and had heavy, almost book-like covers - they felt really good in my hands... and then I looked at the prices. Both were $14.95 - for a magazine? I think I'll take the time to look at them in the store.
But this is just the tip of the iceberg! Technology publications abound, and then there all the magazines for the guys (no, I'm not talking about THOSE magazines).
Pinterest has satisfied some of the desire to sit and look through a magazine for ideas and inspiration, but my heart still skips a beat when I look over and see a display like this!
I think I will allow myself one magazine subscription - I'll have to choose carefully, and one magazine purchase per month. That sounds do-able! Are there any other magazine junkies out there?




Till next time...
Blessings,
 
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment