Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Seventy-two Years Ago

On June 12, 1941 my parents, Leonard J. Larson and Katherine Marie Anderson were married at the First Lutheran Church in South Sioux City, NE. Each of them had a cousin stand as witness to the ceremony, otherwise there was no family in attendance. There was no money for a pretty wedding dress or a reception for friends and family, so they drove south to the church where Kathy's cousin was a member and there they began their life together.


I've been thinking of them today - not only as I've known them, but trying to imagine them as they were in 1941. What were their dreams? What plans were taking root in their minds? Because of a heart murmur Len wouldn't be a part of the war that was waging during that time, so they could work together towards their future. And I know how that story went - not all the details of course, but the general path that they travelled together. I just wish I could know them as they were then - young, optimistic, in love and excited for the future.

Till next time...
Blessings

Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment