Monday, July 22, 2013

A Finished Shelf Project

Last Monday this was my project...
 
Several months ago I found this shelf at the I-29 Antique Mall, and knew it was perfect for a blank wall in one of the bedrooms. However it was a dingy yellowish-ivory color, and needed to be cleaned up and brightened up, so I finally got around to giving it a coat of off-white paint. I'm really liking it!

And this how it looks this Monday. It's hanging on the wall and decorated...
 
I scrounged around and found an assortment of things to fill the little boxes. There are a couple of little teddy bears, a pitcher with pink tulips, and wine glasses & my ticket from the Quilts and Vines at the Strawbale Winery last summer. There is also a tiny silver pig sitting by the glasses - a gift from a friend that knows how much I dislike pigs. :-)

 
The right side holds one of my Woof 'n Poof dolls (she makes me smile), a thank-you note that my mom wrote to me several years ago along with a lacy umbrella. Down below is a 'G' plate and a tiny clock, and finally a glass pitcher that belonged to my great grandmother filled with spools of thread.
 
I didn't forget this little box. It holds a blue Ball jar with a zinc lid, and I use it as a memory jar for the bus trip that I took last summer to Galena, IL with my girls. It holds my name tag, tickets, a wine cork and a couple of pictures. And lastly I wanted to make note of the garland that I have swooping across the whole thing. The darling little dresses caught my eye in the Etsy shop "Raising Up Rubies" a while back. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I think it's a perfect finishing touch.
 
I'm lovin' it!
 
Till next time...
Blessings,
 
Gail

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment