Friday, April 18, 2014

In Your Easter Bonnet

In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter Parade.
I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the Easter Parade.
 
 
On the avenue, Fifth Avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter Parade.
(Lyrics by Irving Berlin)

 
Easter Sunday... I'm guessing these two pictures were taken in about 1950 and 1956. I think I probably always had a new outfit for Easter. We didn't have as many clothes as the kids of today, and so this would have been the one dressy outfit for the season.
 
Easter was always the gateway to Spring and Summer as far as fashion went. It was now permissible to wear white shoes and gloves!
 
I hope my brother doesn't mind showing up on my blog! And what on earth is a rotogravure? I had to Google it as even I'm not that old! It was an etching or engraving - perhaps part of the photo developing process.
 
Till next time...
Blessings on this Blessed Easter Weekend,
 
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment