Sunday, January 27, 2013

HOW MANY DOES A GIRL NEED?

No, I'm not talking about shoes. I'm talking spiral notebooks... Last week I was walking through Target and stopped to admire a colorful display of spiral notebooks - all shapes and sizes - and they were calling to me! But I remembered the ones that are sitting around my home, and since I don't give them the attention they deserve, I knew I couldn't bring home any more. Just walk away, Gail, WALK AWAY!

These are my prettiest ones. They have hard covers, and are intended to be used for journaling. Each one of them has a few entries in it; but even though I love the idea of journaling, I don't seem to stick with it. I found them in various drawers.

And these three sweeties are my workhorses. They reside in a couple different areas - by my 'command center chair' and by my computer. The third one fills in whenever one of the others is missing. It's kind of an alternate member of the group. They are used for daily notes and lists - things I need to write down (so I don't forget), but mostly short-term notes that will be crossed out and the page turned or torn out.

When it comes to the long-term planning one of these notebooks will do the job. They might contain menu plans for a special event or ideas for gifts... or perhaps some sketching for a quilt idea & the math to figure yardage. The information here will be saved for later reference.

I love all my spiral notebooks, but I'm thinking perhaps it's a bit excessive...

Especially since I've started using a three-ring binder with a monthly calendar, and pages to plan for each day.

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands, and I need to do less listing and planning and more doing. Well, maybe, but if I don't use up these notebooks, I won't be able to buy any of the really cute ones I saw at Target!

Until next time...
Blessings,

Gail

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You are such an organization guru! If only I had a smidgen of that from you. Better run, off to run, run, run!!

    ReplyDelete