Friday, January 18, 2013

IT LOOKS SO BARE

Once all of the Christmas decor is taken down and carefully packed away (not nearly as much fun as taking it out) things always look a little bare. And outside the landscape is dreary and bare as well, so it was important for me to bring a little cheer into my small space. I decided to bring out the red transferware that I love...

As you can see, I gravitate towards pieces with handles and spouts. I added a couple of my ironstone pitchers to lighten it up and a piece of white hardanger that was in with some of my grandmother's things - I like to think that she did the intricate needlework herself.

Then I polished up some silver butter knives and coffee spoons and nestled them in three of the creamers. I know that there are many who prefer the natural tarnished look for their silver; but I was raised by a mother who polished the silver until it was gleaming before the table was set for company, and I still find pleasure in its polished beauty.

I trust that you have brought out some of your favorite things to fill the empty spaces and bring a happy smile to your face!

Till next time...
Blessings,

Gail






No comments:

Post a Comment