Thursday, December 13, 2012

HOLIDAY HOME TOUR Part 4

It's time to finish this up. Today we'll peek in the kitchen & dining area. Most of us tend to spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen (well, sometimes), so I think it's fun to include a bit more whimsy in that area... enter Santa!

I have had this Santa wreath for a long time, and I remember buying him at Lakeland Garden Center. I remember because I paid way more than I could afford at the time. But I loved him... and still do because he is so unique. I guess the message is...  if you love something, find a way, and you'll always treasure it.


My last little Santa hopped up to the cupboard top. I'm enjoying the tin pitcher I found at Blooms 'n Lattes this year. You'll notice that I have used red napkins folded over the baskets & attached a snowflake with red & white checked ribbon. I think the red and white snowflake theme will carry me nicely through Valentines Day and beyond.

For Christmas I switched out my wooden tote for a smaller basket filled with greens, glittery poinsettias and grape clusters. Sitting beneath a lamp they sparkle all day long.

The table is set for a little afternoon coffee party with friends.


A nook in our hutch provides the perfect spot for my vintage-look girls and boys skating and frolicking in the snow.
Geraldine and I want to thank you for coming by and touring our home. We hope your day is wonderful!

Till next time...
Blessings

Gail

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gail,
    I enjoyed your holiday home tour. I love your red and white teaset in a previous post and the little Ikea laterns are so cute on your windowsill.

    Thank you for your visit today.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Gail! Love all your beautiful holiday decor. And of course, you know I love your tablescape! :) Welcome to Blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world Gail. It was sweet of you to visit me. I'm on my laptop so I can leave comments. Your home is beautifully decorated for Christmas - I love your red transferware. And your other Christmas dishes too. And the red and white tea set...I could go on and on. Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete